cdbakeoven doesn't see atapi burner

Bjarne Wichmann Petersen freebsd.nospam at mekanix.dk
Fri Nov 14 03:41:44 PST 2003

On Friday 14 November 2003 03:49, Rod Person wrote:

> > > Actually, I read the Handbook section on CD's, added device atapicam to
> > > my kernel config file, rebuilt the kernel.
> > > Now my burner is detected in scanbus.
> >
> > Hmm... interesting. I've done everything described in man/handbook. The
> > drives shows up (correctly) in dmesg and with camcontrol. So *why* will
> > cdbakeoven not detect the drives?
>
> did you try running cdbakeoven as root? if you run it as a normal user you
> need to have the correct permissions set to cdrdao for it to be able to
> detect the drive.

Ok... some of this was black talk to me. I just tested cdbakeoven as root, and
the devices was recognised. So I get the "it's something about
permission"-part. What I don't get is the "cdrdao"-thing; it's a tool/app/
port, right? Don't have it installed.

But what is it I need to change the permission for? Do i need to set cdda2wav,
cdrecord and cdparanoia to SUID? Or is it some device I need to set the r-bit
for in dev/?

Bjarne