Sound card

ogautherot at freesurf.fr ogautherot at freesurf.fr
Fri Nov 14 00:33:17 PST 2003

Hi "List"!

In essence, it should work - it works on my machine.
Could you please give us more details about:

1) your hardware (soundcard type - is it supported?)
2) if it is supported, did you compile the module in the kernel?
3) if it is not not compiled in the kernel, did you load the module?

For question number 3, the magic keyword is kldload (see its manual page).

I omitted to ask whether the card works (if you have a chance, check with
another OS on the same machine). Faulty hardware may not get initialized
properly and will cause the driver to fail.

Hope it helps
    Olivier