NTP question

Ronnie Clark ronj_clark at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 08:53:00 PST 2003

Hello all,

I have an NTP question that I hope someone can help me
with. I have built two NTP servers on FreeBSD 4.8 and
updated to STABLE. When they were being built and
tested, they were on the same subnet, and were able to
synch time just fine. Now they are in production, and
on seperate networks, one server continues to display
stratum 0.

If I kill the xntp daemon, then run ntpdate to the ip
address of the other server, it tells me there is no
server suitable for synchronization. Any ideas as to
how to fix this?

Thanks,
Ron Clark