recover from failed make build

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Tue Nov 11 13:16:34 PST 2003

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 04:08:15PM -0500, Marty Landman wrote:
> At 03:27 PM 11/11/2003, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> >On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 03:18:25PM -0500, Marty Landman wrote:
> >> I just tried doing a make build for Apache2 from the FBSD 4.8 mini port.
> [snip]
> >         *** Error code 1
> >'make distclean; make fetch'
>
> Kris, thanks. Only is this a context thing? IOW would I have to be back
> where I was and say this /next/ because I'm in the middle of a postgresql
> port now. However when that's finished if I just cd /usr/ports/www/Apache2
> can I then make distclean; make fetch ?

distclean removes the distfiles for the current port.  You can then
re-fetch it from the ftp site, and it will hopefully not be corrupted.
If you continue to get checksum errors, it can indicate that you have
an out-of-date ports collection, or that you should fetch it by hand
from another mirror as directed.

> Also in case I get this or similar errors again is there another way to
> deal with it (like being explicit about the mirror?) or maybe I'm jumping
> ahead of myself here.

See the variables listed in the sample make.conf file and bsd.port.mk
for specifying mirror site preferences.

Kris