FreeBSD 5.1 for Alpha

kgrotland kgrotland at adelphia.net
Sun Nov 9 19:07:30 PST 2003

You will have to excuse me but im sorta new at this whole thing so i hope im
asking the correct question. A friend of mine downloaded a copy of the
FreeBSD 5.1 for Alpha ISO and burned it to CD for me. Now when i try to
install it on an Alpha
Workstation 200 it gets to a certain point in the boot process and then
reboots itself. Could it be that the CD is faulty
or could it just be that im doing something incorrectly. At this point i am
no longer able to boot from the CDRom. Says
failed to open. This occurs no matter which OS CD i try to boot. Any help
would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Kjell :-)