Installing form /stand/sysinstall

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 9 09:50:10 PST 2003

>I normaly install from ports but wanted to over come this issue anyhow..
>I cant install from /sys/standinstall it says that my vertion could not be
>found on the ftp server..
>
>?? im looking for the conf file that handles that..

Which version are you using?

In sysinstall, look in the menu ...
Options -> Release Name
or
Configure -> Options -> Release Name

You can try setting that to a newer version (Mine says
4.9-STABLE but you would probably want to set it to the
latest release 4.9-RELEASE) but that does not guarantee
that the packages you install are going to work if your
system is quite out of date.