Installation problem

kogprog at mail.ru kogprog at mail.ru
Sat Nov 8 18:47:14 PST 2003

When I try to boot from CD-ROM to install my FreeBSD 4.6
my computer stops to work. I do:
1) Booting from CD-ROM
2) Skip kernel configuration.
3) Then I see:
[...something before...]
plip0:<PLIP network interface> on ppbus0
ad0: READ command timeout tag=0 serv=0 - resetting
ata0: resetting devices
[That is all. Now he stops.]

On primary master I have my HDD only. When I disconnect HDD from
motherboard installer loads correctly. When I change HDD pisition from
PrimaryMaster to Secondary Master I see:
[bla bla bla]
ata1: reseting devices
And when I turn my HDD off in BIOS options, all works :(

I have:
HDD: Maxtor 6Y080P0
Motherboard: GA - 8SG800
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG F5

I am sorry for my terrible Enlish. I hope you understand my problem.
How can I solve it?