Resolving IRQ conflicts with 4.8

fbsd_user fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com
Fri Nov 7 10:19:45 PST 2003

The problem you describe is becoming common in the 4.x versions of
FBSD.
I have seen these solutions voiced previously in this list.

1. Check the PC's bios, look for a toggle to disable plug-n-play
function.

2. Check that your PCI cards are not in the first or last PCI
expansion
slot on the motherboard.

3 add   option   PCI_ENABLE_IO_MODES
to your kernel source and recompile. See LINT

4. add   device  puc
         option  PUC_FASTINTR
to your kernel source and recompile. See LINT

5. Follow bug fix using this url

6. check /var/boot/dmesg.boot file to see if your pci cards are
found
as unknown. See FBSD FAQ for instructions on how to fix.

Try one of the above one at a time until your problem goes away.