FreeBSD+Spamassassin+MySQL

whizkid at ValueDJ.com whizkid at ValueDJ.com
Wed Nov 5 15:04:18 PST 2003

I cannot seem to get SpamAssassin working with MySQL 4....  I have setup
the MySQL database, have given a saconfig user full access to this
database.  But SA does not seem to Query the SQL database.  I have a
SquirrelMail plugin that connects to the DataBase just fine, and writes
data to it, but SA doesn't seem to grab the data.  I have setup a local.cf
file with the following:

user_scores_dsn			DBI:mysql:sa_config:localhost
user_scores_sql_username	saconfig
user_scores_sql_password	password
user_scores_sql_table           userpref

but when I run SPAMD -D and Cat out a sample spam file, I see no SQL
lookup info, nor do I see any errors.  I searched on Spamassassins website
(the archives) have seen alot of people with this error, but not any
fixes.  I can only assume that it is with the DBI connector or the
Mysql-Mysql perl module.  I have verified that both are installed.

p5-DBD-mysql-2.9002 MySQL driver for the Perl5 Database Interface (DBI)
p5-DBI-1.38         The perl5 Database Interface.  Required for DBD::*
modules
mysql-client-4.0.16 Multithreaded SQL database (client)
mysql-server-4.0.16 Multithreaded SQL database (server)

looking at the above do I need to set the user_scores_dsn to use DBD or is
DBI correct?  Do I need to install the p5-DBIWrapper from the ports?

I am currently running FreeBSD 5.1 Current.  Thanks for any help you can
provide.