creating a small FreeBSD box

Rob Evers rob at debank.tv
Wed Nov 5 03:42:16 PST 2003

Hi all,

I need to make a few FreeBSD boxes, these will all be limited in disk
space,
and act as firewall/router. (pentium and 300M disk)
 What I want is a limited operating system that has only the essential
networking stuff, shell, and a custom kernel but for example no BIND and
CVS.
 In the end all machines should have the same OS installed.

What's a good way to handle this?
 Making a custom release, an install script, tweaking make.conf and
install from
source or of course something else. (I don't need a ready solution, but some
insight in how to acomplish this task in an efficient manner.)

Thanks

Rob Evers