Apache, PHP, and SquirrelMail

Robin Schoonover end at endif.cjb.net
Tue Nov 4 19:54:48 PST 2003

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 03:44:04 +0000, "Neil Hawkins"
<nchawkins90 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am new to FreeBSD and am trying to figure a few things out.  I have
> installed QMAIL, APACHE, PHP4, and SquirrelMail.  Apache seems to be
> working fine because I can browse the directory lising for
> /usr/local/www/data folders.  However, when I try to browse the
> SquirrelMail folder, it just displays the text code of the index.php
> file.  I am assuming that PHP4 is either not installed correctly, not
> running, or not configured appropriately.  Can someone help me out here?

You need to tell apache about mod_php4.  In apache2, I have these extra
lines in the configuration file.

LoadModule php4_module        libexec/apache2/libphp4.so

DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.php

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

You don't want to have 'AddHandler php .php' in httpd.conf  In an earlier
version of php4, I did have that and it worked fine, but when I upgraded
php4 it stopped working (showed code only like it is for you), so I had to
take out that line.

--
Robin Schoonover (aka End)
#