Mouse in X11 in FreeBSD 4.8

Adam Flaherty adamf at ozonline.com.au
Mon Nov 3 04:23:48 PST 2003

Hello,

I have recently installed FreeBSD 4.8 and am having trouble getting my
PS/2 mouse to work with X11. Malcolm Kay has kindly suggested some
recourse however this has come to no avail and I was wondering whether
anyone else would have some insights.

The mouse works when setting up moused with /stand/sysinstall and
xf86cfg but when gnome loads any mouse movement translates into the
cursor moving to the top right of the screen. I have tried the various
protocols under xf86cfg and followed the instructions in the FAQ that
suggest adding lines to the config file, and also linking /dev/mouse
and /dev/sysmouse. I am at a loss so any help would be highly
appreciated.

Thanks

Adam Flaherty