Mouse under X

Malcolm Kay malcolm.kay at internode.on.net
Sun Nov 2 05:16:51 PST 2003

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 23:04, Adam Flaherty wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have recently installed FreeBSD 4.8 and am having trouble getting my
> PS/2 mouse to work with X11/ Gnome. The mouse works when setting up
> moused with /stand/sysinstall and xf86cfg but when gnome loads any
> mouse movement translates into the cursor moving to the top right of
> the screen. I have tried the various protocols under xf86cfg and
> followed the instructions in the FAQ that suggest adding lines to the
> config file, and also linking /dev/mouse and /dev/sysmouse. I am at a
> loss so any help would be highly appreciated.

What combinations have you tried?
/dev/sysmouse should work with protocol auto.
But it is unlikely to work with a protocol actually matching the mouse.
moused translates the protocol to mousesys or soome such (I don't
remember exactly its name, but auto should work).

What do you mean by 'linking /dev/mouse and /dev/sysmouse'?

Malcolm Kay