Doh ! Installed FBSD5.0 and no more dual boot

Eduardo Viruena Silva mrspock at esfm.ipn.mx
Sat May 31 20:37:37 PDT 2003

On Sun, 1 Jun 2003, lukek wrote:

> You are absolutely correct during the installation process I chose to have
> FreeBSD install it's own boot loader just as I had a number of times before
> with older versions but there must be a subtle difference between the older
> versions and the latest.
>
> The disk is showing that the NTFS partition is active ( I have used a number
> of tools to check on this ) but no cigar.
>
> Thanks for your assistance thus far. I will keep looking for something to
> fix this.
>
> LukeK

Tell me something:   Does FreeBSD boot?

It seems to me Win2k is somehow broken but, if FreeBSD can boot
then you can read the NTFS slice, therefore you can make a backup
of your data storesd in Win2k slice.

mount -t ntfs /dev/ad0s1 /mnt

will mount slice 1 of ATA disk 0 if it contains an NTFS file system.