Doh ! Installed FBSD5.0 and no more dual boot

Jud judmarc at fastmail.fm
Sat May 31 15:29:24 PDT 2003

On Sat, 31 May 2003 11:34:25 +0900, lukek <lukek at meibin.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have done something pretty silly and not sure now how to recover. I
> installed 5.0 release on my desktop which was primarily a Win2k machine
> and
> now there is no option to dual boot. Well there is but when I choose the
> F1
> ??? option instead of booting win2k is give me a message telling me that
> NTLDR cannot be found.
>
> Can anyone shed any light on a work around for this. I am truly stumped.
>
> Thanks
>
> LukeK

Is Win2K on a different hard drive than FreeBSD?  If so, then to use the
FreeBSD bootloader, you must install it on both drives.  GAG, which has
been suggested, is a nice bootloader, and the FAQ on the FreeBSD web site
has some directions to boot both FreeBSD and Win using the NT/Win2K
bootloader.

That's 3 options, should be enough to find a solution that works for you.

Jud