Spammers forged my address - help unbury me from bounces?

Len Conrad LConrad at Go2France.com
Thu May 29 16:31:12 PDT 2003

> > Try using the /etc/mail/access file, if you know what IP or domain it is
> > coming from...
> >
> > IPADDRESS/DOMAIN                550 "RELAYING DENIED"
>
>Best to use a message that is more explanatory.

They are bounce msgs from mailer-daemon, the mailer-daemon and no spammer
every read the reject text.  better to make the msg say something useful to
your log file reporter than to any human.

If a mailer-daemon sees its bounce-msg rejected with a 5xx, it will discard
the msg.  (what else can it to with it?)

Len