Camera Support

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Wed May 28 23:17:35 PDT 2003

Single line paragraphs.

On Wednesday, 28 May 2003 at 12:02:56 -0400, emily chew wrote:
> Hullo.

> I've got a digital camera, a Samsung Digimax 200, which is not
> recognized by gtkam. The output of 'uname -a' is as follows:
>
> FreeBSD pi.localdomain 5.0-RELEASE-p7 FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE-p7 #0: Fri May 9 20:54:26 EDT 2003    root at pi.localdomain:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/PI  i386
>
> Is there some step I might've missed, or a how-to on this?

Well, it would be nice to know how you connect your camera to the
machine.  If it's USB or Compact Flash, you should see some message on
the console when you connect it or insert the adaptor.  That message
would be useful.  If it's something else (is there anything else?), it
would be good oto know too.

> (Also, could you please CC any replies to this to me?)

Yes, that's the recommended way.  See the .sig below.

Greg