Epson CX5200 : scanner doesn't appear

Florent DANIEL fdaniel-at-noos-point-fr at FreeBSD.ORG
Tue May 27 15:16:13 PDT 2003

Hello,

I've got an Epson CX5200 all-in-one (printer and scanner), on USB port. On my
4.8-STABLE install, kernel has been configured for usb :

device          usb             # USB Bus (required)
device          ugen            # Generic
device          uhid            # "Human Interface Devices"
device          ukbd            # Keyboard
device          ulpt            # Printer
device          umass           # Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da
device          ums             # Mouse
device          uscanner        # Scanners

When I power up the device, there is this message :

ulpt0: EPSON USB MFP, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2, iclass 7/1

And here is the devices list :

su-2.05b# usbdevs -dv
Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 1: self powered, config 1, OHCI root hub(0x0000), SiS(0x0000), rev 1.00
  uhub0
 port 1 addr 2: power 2 mA, config 1, USB MFP(0x0801), EPSON(0x04b8), rev
 1.00 ulpt0
 port 2 powered

Printer works fine with CUPS, but sane-find-scanner doesn't see the scanning
part, even with /usr/local/etc/sane.d/epson.conf configured to use
/dev/uscanner0. Since uscanner doesn't appear at powerup or in device list, I
suppose it's not correctly recognized by the kernel ? If so, is there a
possible fix for this ?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Florent