/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/wxgtk-devel build problem

Socketd db at traceroute.dk
Tue May 27 07:55:37 PDT 2003

Hi again :-)

I want to compile wxGTK (wxWindows) with static libs, so I write
software that will be able to run without the users having to have
wxWindows installed. So I wrote a wxWindows newsgroup and they said:

"You must rebuild wxWindows to create a static library.
./configure --your options --enable-shared=no
make"

But freebsd doesn't have configure and using "--enable-shared=no" didn't
work with FreeBSD's make. So I extracted wxGTK, copied it to
/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/wxgtk-devel/work and ran the configure script
with the right options (I think) and returned to FreeBSD's make, but now
I get this error message:

In file included from include/wx/memory.h:20,
                 from include/wx/object.h:25,
                 from include/wx/event.h:20,
                 from ./src/generic/accel.cpp:34:
include/wx/string.h: In method `bool wxString::IsSameAs(__wchar_t, bool
= true) const':
include/wx/string.h:646: implicit declaration of function `int
towupper(...)'
./src/generic/accel.cpp: In method
`wxAcceleratorTable::wxAcceleratorTable(int, const wxAcceleratorEntry
*)':
./src/generic/accel.cpp:98: implicit declaration of function `int
iswlower(...)'gmake: *** [accel.o] Error 1
*** Error code 2

So how do you pass options to configure from freebsd's make?

Btw please cc to me as I am not on the list.

br
socketd