Apache Core Dumps

Patrick O'Reilly bsd at perimeter.co.za
Tue May 27 04:16:27 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dirk-Willem van Gulik" <dirkx at webweaving.org>

> On Tue, 27 May 2003, Patrick O'Reilly wrote:
>
> > hacked the LoadModule and AddModule lines for mod_php4 out of the
> > httpd.conf file, and now Apache runs.  At least the static sites are
up
> > again.
> >
> > Does anyone know what the problem with mod_php4 is?
>
> Just do a ktrace or truss starting up apache with the flag '-X' to see
> where exactly it breaks. But given the versioning changes you
described
> above I would certainly not be suprized if something got linked to the
> wrong apxs. Or alternatively if one of your .pm's pulled in another
mysql
> lib statically linked.

Dirk,

thanks for responding.

I did:
# ktrace /usr/local/sbin/httpd -X -DSSL

and then kdump which produced about 750k of output.  The last 20-or-so
lines are as follows:

----------------
 24430 httpd    RET   write 82/0x52
 24430 httpd    CALL  gettimeofday(0xbfbff264,0)
 24430 httpd    RET   gettimeofday 0
 24430 httpd    CALL  getpid
 24430 httpd    RET   getpid 24430/0x5f6e
 24430 httpd    CALL  write(0x27,0xbfbfeba4,0x48)
 24430 httpd    GIO   fd 39 wrote 72 bytes
       "[27/May/2003 13:08:34 24430] [info]  Init: Initializing OpenSSL
library
       "
 24430 httpd    RET   write 72/0x48
 24430 httpd    CALL  break(0x81b3000)
 24430 httpd    RET   break 0
 24430 httpd    CALL  break(0x81b4000)
 24430 httpd    RET   break 0
 24430 httpd    CALL  break(0x81b5000)
 24430 httpd    RET   break 0
 24430 httpd    CALL  break(0x81b6000)
 24430 httpd    RET   break 0
 24430 httpd    PSIG  SIGSEGV SIG_DFL
 24430 httpd    NAMI  "httpd.core"

I'm not sure what to make of this, except that is seems to be related to
initializing the OpenSSL library.....

Any ideas?

Regards,
Patrick.