Apache Core Dumps

Patrick O'Reilly bsd at perimeter.co.za
Tue May 27 02:07:29 PDT 2003

Hi All.

This is strange.  I Bumped my httpd processes to flush out a .pm.  Now
Apache won't come up again.  All I get is a core dump (which I don't
know what to do with), and a rather useless messages in
/var/log/messages :

May 27 11:01:16 obelix /kernel: pid 92382 (httpd), uid 0: exited on
signal 11 (core dumped)

The kernel has not changed, and my uptime is 67 days...

The only recent changes which might affect Apache are:

1) mod_php4 recently went to 4.3.2 and back to 4.3.1.  I'm not sure, but
this may have been the first time I have tried to start Apache since the
reversal back to 4.3.1.

2) I recently installed mysql323 for a customer.  As yet I have not
configured anything under mysql, but I did need to enable mysql client
in the mod_php4 configuration.

Could any of these php changes be causing Apache to crash?

Please help - I can't get it up and my customer sites are all dead
ATM....

Regards,
Patrick.