PXE boot seems to use incorrect NFS root

William Rose wrose at zip-it.org
Mon May 26 22:19:23 PDT 2003

Aha!

On Mon, 2003-05-26 at 18:09, William Rose wrote:
> Is this all my own silly fault for not using the approved technique?

The answer to this question is YES!  ;-)  My life would be so much
easier if thinking straight came naturally...

The answer to my problem is that my idea that the NFS root was somehow
failing to mount was incorrect.  This meant that the boot process was
stopping later and /etc/rc.diskless1 was/is indeed being invoked.
Consequently that script was mounting a new MFS root over /etc, and
trying to copy from /conf/base/etc (which I had been too lazy to
create).  The solution therefore is to either remove
/etc/rc.diskless[12] or to create /conf/base/etc so that there is a
valid /etc at the end of the boot process.

Thanks for your time Eduardo!

cheers,
Will