Win2x and FreeBSD on one box

Raphaël Marmier raphael at computer-rental.ch
Mon May 26 15:26:54 PDT 2003

I've had the same problem. Actually, it is quite systematic. You cannot
create BSD partitions in disklabel when there are other slices (dos
partitions) present. There must be some bug in disklabel... (some
listening? he?)

the only trick I know, short of wiping the disk, is record the
partition table on paper, remove all non-FreeBSD from the table,
install FreeBSD, and then rewrite the partition table as it was.

BACKUP your data before playing that game, though.

Raphael Marmier