How can I change to whom the system sends admin/rootmails?

Jacco jacco at lionsoft.xs4all.nl
Mon May 26 14:43:50 PDT 2003

Hi Joachim,

| Root is recieving alot of mail on my server. Instead I would like
| these mails to be sent to an external address on another server.

If you are running sendmail, Just see /etc/mail/aliases:

# Pretty much everything else in this file points to "root", so
# you would do well in either reading root's mailbox or forwarding
# root's email from here.

root:   me at my.domain
or

root:   me at other.server

After modifications to this file, run: make aliases and restart sendmail

Regards,
Jacco