ipfilters fails on 5.0-RELEASE

Joshua Oreman oremanj at webserver.get-linux.org
Sun May 25 17:06:02 PDT 2003

On Sun, May 25, 2003 at 07:37:02PM -0400 or thereabouts, Steve Devine seemed to write:

> All
> Is anyone out there successfully using ipf or ipfnat with 5.0?
> Here is what I see when calling ipf:
> > ipf -Fa -f  /etc/ipf.conf
> open device: No such file or directory
> ioctl(SIOCIPFFL): Bad file descriptor
> open device: No such file or directory
> 2:ioctl(add/insert rule): Bad file descriptor
>
> When I look in /dev/ I have no ipl, ipstate, ipauth or ipnat.
> I expect this has something to do with the absence of /dev/MAKEDEV Also
> has LINT been replaced by GENERIC?
> Thanks for whatever help you can offer .. meanwhile I will continue to RTFM.
> /steve devine

You have to include
options		IPFILTER
options		IPFILTER_DEFAULT_BLOCK
in your kernel.

Lint has been replaced by two files:
* Architecture-specific info goes in NOTES in the same place as your kernel config
* Architecture-independent info goes in /usr/src/sys/conf/NOTES

HTH,
-- Josh