xmms fails occasionally

Martin Krzysiak cinek at gmx.de
Sat May 24 11:58:37 PDT 2003

On Saturday 24 May 2003 20:00, Francesco Casadei wrote:

> I have the same problem you described if xmms' output plugin is esound
> instead of oss.

Nope. I have this problem with OSS sound output plugin. I don't have esound
here. It occurs while STARTING new songs. Usually it plays 10 - 30 songs and
then suddenly says "Device busy" or similar, because it already opened
/dev/dsp somewhere else (forgot to call close() ?).

But I think it is not a FreeBSD problem, because all other applications that
use sound work perfectly. (kscd works fine here on KDE-3.1)

Martin