xmms fails occasionally

Miguel Mendez flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org
Sat May 24 11:00:00 PDT 2003

On Sat, 24 May 2003 19:45:11 +0200
Martin Krzysiak <cinek at gmx.de> wrote:

Hi,

> I want to confirm this. I have this problem, too. It occurs after
> playing several songs in a row. Then You have to kill -9 xmms because
> it hangs in background (even after closing it). The device will be
> released then, too. There seems to be an ugly bug somewhere.

Interesting. The last time I experienced such problem was on a
Solaris/x86 box with an SB 128 with the OSS drivers. Using mpg123 to
play songs without the 'reopen' option would fail to play the next. I've
never seen it on FreeBSD, though, even with the exact same hardware. Do
you have any exotic hardware in that machine? Has it always been that
way? (I mean the problem)

> Miguel Mendez wrote later:
> > $10 says you have artsd running.
>
> $10 please... :)