CFS in FreeBSD 5.0

Corey Grone gronec at hotmail.com
Fri May 23 13:26:23 PDT 2003

I am trying to get the Cryptographic File System (CFS) to run under 5.0, and there are several good guides, out there.  However, they all refer to the portmap program, and after a little looking, I found out this has been deprecated in favor of rpcbind.  I have added single_mountd_enable="YES" and mountf_flags="-r" to my rc.conf file.  I have created the /null and /crypt directories.  I have added /null localhost to my /etc/exports file.  However, when I try to mount the /null directory with:
mount_nfs -o port=3049,intr,nfsv2 localhost:/null /crypt
I get the error:
[upd6] localhost:/null : NFSPROC_NULL : RPC : Unable to receive; errno = Connection refused

I am at my wits end, and I would really appreciate any help with this.