Maybe OT: Automatic CRLF conversion?

Fernando Gleiser fgleiser at cactus.fi.uba.ar
Thu May 22 13:06:58 PDT 2003

Here's my problem: I have a FreeBSD server running an aplication.
The operators of the aplication (read: people who doesn't know Unix)
need to upload some files to the server, and the aplication reads them.

The files are flat ASCII.
They where using FTP in ASCII mode for that, but they wanted it
to be "even easier", so I set up Samba on the server and they just
drag and drop the files. The problem is with the CRLF conversion,
because the app needs the files the unix way, but they upload them
the DOS way.

I need an automatic way to handle the conversion, since there is nobody
who knows Unix there, and I can't tell them "run such command". They
have no shell access.

I was thinking of writing a little script which runs from cron, converts
the files and then moves them to the final dir, but maybe there is a way of
doing it from samba itself.

Does anybody have any idea?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the OT.

			Fer