bandwidth utilization

Jez Hancock jez.hancock at munk.nu
Thu May 22 09:37:39 PDT 2003

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 10:55:18AM -0500, Sean O'Neill wrote:
> >http://nakula.rvs.uni-bielefeld.de/made/my_project/3rd-party/
> >
> >(/me runs off to mirror that page in case it disappears :))
>
> Nice page :)  I think might have to mirror it also.
:)

> There is lots of stuff out there as you can see from the page above.  I
> have limited experience here but I have played with Argus/Flowscan.  You
> can get Argus info here:
>
> http://www.qosient.com/argus/flow.htm
Not tried that one... there's also the excellent nagios come to think of
it:

http://www.nagios.org/
(/usr/ports/net/nagios)

Some decent screenshots here:

http://www.nagios.org/screenshot.php

similar vein to argus and mrtg (haven't explored nagios yet). Again,
possibly overkill, but does do some vewy pwetty pictures if you like
that kind of thing :)

Regards,
Jez