root msgs on ttyv0..

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Thu May 22 05:21:54 PDT 2003

On 22 May Jez Hancock wrote:
> Yes, read the manpage: man syslogd.conf
> Specifically try changing this line:
> *.err;kern.debug;auth.notice;mail.crit		/dev/console

I think I don't mind the messages, but they're on the "wrong tty"
Having read man syslog.conf and /dev/MAKEDEV I think it's possible to
have /dev/console point to another tty..
# "makedev console c 11 0" would appoint ttyv11 to console if I
understand correctly (?)

Is this true? Can /dev/console be "connected" to ttyv11 instead of the
first one?

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.8 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)