idle timeout

m z m mzm02 at yahoo.com
Thu May 22 02:02:48 PDT 2003

guys,

i have my desktop pc running freebsd-5.0 release
(multimedia). whenever i'm out of office, i'll access
the ntfs directory, albeit read only. i always update
the ports via cvsup and do portupgrade. i don't keep
track of changes done to my box by portupgrade.
recently i noticed that i was unable to access my box
from other pc because it was disconnected from the
network. this problem happens when there is no
activity running on the desktop. in other words, the
network connection is lost if the keyboard is idle.
tia for your help.

regards