4.8-Stable, IP Filter, IPv6 issues.

Steven Wiltshire steven at mig15.net
Wed May 21 16:18:23 PDT 2003

Hello,

I'm having problems with my IPv6 tunnel and IP Filter. I'm running
FreeBSD 4.8-Stable, IP Filter 3.4.31, and tunneling through he.net.

My tunnel is set up correctly - it works when I take IP Filter down.

Obviously, with IP Filter denying everything I don't specifically allow,
I need to allow something for my tunnel to work. I've tried creating
special rules for my IPv6 tunnel interface and loading them with the -6
option, I've tried allowing protocol 41 through all interfaces, allowing
everything through both my tunnel and Internet interfaces, etc, and
nothing I've tried has worked.

I'm probably missing something fairly obvious, only I have no idea what.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

--Steven