Need help with the sound card!!

Konokrad konokrad at list.ru
Wed May 21 12:23:45 PDT 2003

On Tue, 20 May 2003 22:13:40 -0500
David Kelly <dkelly at HiWAAY.net> wrote:

> I suggested loading all at once so as to learn if any worked.
> Apparently not. You didn't say if the soundccard was ISA or what?

The card is indeed on ISA. Loading modules does nothing. The message in
dmesg (sb_reset_dsp failed) that I used get with the kernel with the snd
drivers in it does not appear when I kldload snd.ko. I checked kldstat
and the modules are there (a lot of them) but I saw no output anywhere.
Looks like the soundcard is either unsupported or I'm doing something
obvious wrong.

Also trying to unload modules does reboot this machine and when I load
modules at boot I don't see them in kldstat when I get to the root
shell.

Thanks

Igor P.