Recovering from a RAID failure.

Trent Nelson trent at arpa.com
Wed May 21 07:29:32 PDT 2003

    Long story short; had a RAID array, disks failed in such a way that
    the config info was lost.  I know that one disk is still good, and
    as it was a mirrored set, I'm sure the data on it is still good.
    However, with ar0 dying, so did my disklabel/fdisk information.

    If I can recreate (from memory) the appropriate disklabel/fdisk info
    for the disk that's still good (ad6), I should be able to access ev-
    erything as per normal (i.e. mount file systems again), shouldn't I?

        Trent.