shutdown -p now

Robert Storey y2kbug at ms25.hinet.net
Wed May 21 05:23:44 PDT 2003

          ================  SNIP =============

> Don't know why your switch quit, but if your computer can manage the
> shutdown, you need these:
>
> In the kernel
> # device apm0 at nexus? flags 0x20 #Advanced Power Management

Dear Jack,

Thanks for the information. I went ahead and tried that, but when I tried
to configure the new custom kernel, I got this error message:

 root at sonic:/sys/i386/conf> /usr/sbin/config CUSTOM2
 config: CUSTOM2:156: devices with zero units are not likely to be correct

I decided to stop there rather than compile a possibly flakey kernel. Is
this error message anything to worry about, or am I doing something wrong?

regards,
Robert