IMAP PORT

Jim Mock mij at soupnazi.org
Tue May 20 23:31:36 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, May 20, 2003, at 12:16  PM, 1 at bendcable.com wrote:
> Hello,
> I am running 4.5 release version.  I am trying to install imap on my
> server so I can use webmail program but I get the following error
> message. " Make sure the Makefile and distinfo file
> (/usr/ports/mail/courier-imap/distinfo) are up to date. "  I just
> updated them today using cvsup so they are up to date.  Any
> suggestions.?

Please attach useful error messages if you expect us to be able to
suggest anything.  I.e.:

# cd /usr/ports/mail/courier-imap
# script /home/user/courier.log
# make install
# exit

Then attach /home/user/courier.log to your email or put it online
somewhere with a URL if it's big.

Also, when you updated, did you cvsup the entire ports collection
including ports-base?  If not, that likely could be your problem.

- jim

--
- jim mock  mij@{soupnazi|opendarwin}.org  jim@{bsdnews|FreeBSD}.org -
- editor in chief, BSD News: http://bsdnews.org  http://soupnazi.org -