Dlink DWL520 Rev 2

Ivan Fetch ifetch at cs.du.edu
Tue May 20 21:02:36 PDT 2003

Hello all,
   I'm attempting to get a Dlink DWL520 (revision 2) wireless card to work
under FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE.  My eventual goal is to have this machine
function as an access point, however FreeBSD appears to not see the card
at all.  Running pnpinfo says "no plug and play devices," and loading the
wi driver (both by kld and compiling it into a new kernel) mentions
nothing about any wireless devices.  Thinking I would try upgrading the
firmware on a Windows box (yay) I checked the dlink web and FTP sites, but
there appears to be no firmware files available.

   What am I missing?   Does anyone have the dlink DWL520 working?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Ivan Fetch.