dual booting : Freebsd and XP

Jud judmarc at fastmail.fm
Mon May 19 19:09:55 PDT 2003

Hugues wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Can someone point to an example in order to set a dual boot
>with :
>freebsd on ad1
>XP on ad0
>
>I tried grub but was unsuccesful. boot0cfg ? else ?
>
>Thank you for your help,
>
>Hugues.

What did you try to do with Grub and what problems occurred?

Eduardo already gave an answer re boot0cfg.  If you like, you can try
GAG (freeware), which I'm using now and like, or BootItNG (shareware),
which I've used for a long time as a boot and partition manager.  Never
had any problem with either.  The XP bootloader should also work, but
I've never been exactly sure how to implement the 2-hard-drive solution
in the FAQ on the FreeBSD web site.

Jud