FTP Access - restricting access

Wayne Pascoe freebsd at penguinpowered.org.uk
Mon May 19 06:09:45 PDT 2003

Hi all,

But of an odd problem here that I could use some advice on. We have a
web tree with several hundred websites in it. We provide FTP access to
this tree to our production department. All directories and files are
owned by the web user / group. The production team are all in the web
group. This works fine for this task.

We now have a problem where we have to provide access to a couple of
people. Ordinarily, this would be fine - I'd set their home directories
to the site they need to access and chroot them to that directory.
BUT... :) They need access to several of these sites.

Is there any way that I can give a group of users ftp access to only a
subset of the sites in the main sites directory ?

Thanks in afvance...

--
Wayne Pascoe