Sendmail (server) config error

Michael Alestock michaela at maa-net.net
Sun May 18 12:58:07 PDT 2003

Hi,

     I went through the Sendmail FAQ/Section on FreeBSD.org in regards to this
error I got but was unsuccessful.  I hope maybe you can help.

     I run a shellserver (bsd.maa-net.net) and a mailserver (mail.maa-net.net)
on the same homenetwork.  They both have the same Internet IP address because
of the fact that I use a Dynamic DNS hosting service for my domain
(Maa-net.net).  I do have portforwarding on my router to enable the proper
servers to handle the correct service request.  I setup a MX record so that
mail going to the MAA-NET.NET domain goes to the host MAIL.MAA-NET.NET.  I
then have the BSD.MAA-NET.NET users to retrieve INCOMING mail from
MAIL.MAA-NET.NET.  I have PINE for the email program on BSD.MAA-NET.NET.  The
.pinerc file has MAIL.MAA-NET.NET specified as the SMTP.  When all is said
and done and I try receiving mail for my domain (MAA-NET.NET), I get the
following error......

554 5.0.0 MX list for maa-net.net. points back to mail.maa-net.net
554 5.3.5 Local configuration error

Am I missing something in the /etc/mail/access, /etc/mail/relay-domains, or
/etc/mail/local-host-names files???