Newbie help !!! How to test the connection?

Cristian Salan
Sun May 18 01:00:42 PDT 2003

   Hello, I've managed to setup a FreeBSD 4.7 as a company gateway (is a
   PI 166 with new 3COM 905 nic's). With mtr, when nobody surfing on the
   net there are no losses to yahoo for example, but when there is normal
   traffic, mtr shows 15 to 60% losses to the same yahoo (to our ISP
   gateway there are no losses). Somebody who saw these results, is
   spreading the news that we have a poor internet connection or the
   gateway is functioning quite bad with this FreeBSD OS, they've never
   heard before. How can I test, measure and present the situation.
   Cristian Salan Want your own free email @organizer.ro?
   click [1]here to sign up.