about ppp

P. U. Kruppa root at pukruppa.de
Sat May 17 22:22:18 PDT 2003

On Sat, 17 May 2003, Jeffrey telmo wrote:

> i have followed your manual steps using ppp,  it connects to my isp i
> also used kppp which also connects but every time i use my browser it
> says an error message saying **** failed asterisk means the web page im
> trying to go to,  which seem like all my browsers are not linked with
> ppp or kppp is there command or something i need to do to make it work
> Im new with bsd please help thanks....
Once the connection via ppp is established it will be found
automatically by your browser.
Thus you have to check your connection. The best way to do this
is to start ppp manually - in terminal mode.
Have a look again at 	# man ppp
You need to get the three p's in the prompt rising to capital

if they don't, you know something has gone wrong with the
authentication.
Then you can do a ping to some remote machine, p.ex.
# ping www.freebsd.org
if this doesn't work you know, that the domain name resolution
does not work.

Regards,

Uli.