dns resolution problem

george donnelly list at zettai.net
Fri May 16 10:36:20 PDT 2003

[Roman Neuhauser wrote (neuhauser at bellavista.cz) on 5/16/03 5:27 AM]

> # george at zettai.net / 2003-05-15 19:48:30 -0400:
>> We recently made a IP changeover (we changed all IP's) and move to a VLAN
>> config and now cronjobs, pings etc can not reolve hostnames. host and dig
>> work fine.
>>
>> Does anyone have any idea why this could be?
>>
>> Running:
>>
>> FreeBSD 4.7
>> Djbdns, tinydns, dnscache
>> dnscache runs on 127.0.0.1
>>
>> resolv.conf looks like this:
>>
>> alpha# more /etc/resolv.conf
>> domain alpha.zettai.net
>> nameserver 127.0.0.1
>> nameserver 216.93.187.185
>> nameserver 216.93.178.185
>> nameserver 216.93.160.16
>> nameserver 216.93.170.17
>>
>> 127.0.0.1 is dnscache, the resolver and cache
>
> ok.
>
>> the next two are ns1 and ns2, tinydns, authoritative
>
> this is quite probably (part of your) your problem.
>
>> the last 2 are the ISP's ns1 and ns2
>
> not needed, remove them.

thanks for your suggestion. i removed them but the problem persists. i also
tried replacing resolv.conf with some values from another machine on the
network where i'm not having this problem and this still does not solve it.

<-->
george donnelly - http://www.zettai.net/ - "We Love Newbies" :)
Zope Hosting - Dynamic Website Design - Search Engine Promotion
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet - MSN: zettainet at hotmail.com - ICQ: 51907738