missing +CONTENTS file, part II

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Fri May 16 09:56:45 PDT 2003

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 09:27:07AM -0700, John Fox wrote:
> I just realized that pkg_delete won't work to get rid of that pine port,
> given that absent +CONTENTS file.  :)
>
> So more than ever, I'd appreciate some advice!

If you know what options you used to compile the pine4 port, you
should be able to just re-compile it and overwrite what's currently
installed:

    # cd /usr/ports/mail/pine4
    # make install FORCE_PKG_REGISTER=YES

If you're a portupgrade user, you should run 'pkgdb -F' to fix up any
dependency information after doing that.

This will make your /var/db/pkg database consistent once again, and
should leave the contents of /usr/local in a workable state.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way