FreeBSD client

Matthieu Bonavita m.bonavita at free.fr
Fri May 16 03:16:56 PDT 2003

I exactly do the same thing here (unfortunately, due to lack of drivers fro FreeBSD for my adsl Modem).

Under Win 2k, you have to go under Network Connections and view the properties of your Internet connection. There must be a "Sharing" tab, where you have to check "Share the connection" I guess. That's all for your Win machine.

Under FreeBSD just type :

route add default 192.168.0.1 (192.168.0.1 or whatever being your Window's IP machine (the gateway))

and in /etc/resolv.conf add your ISP DNS Servers like that :
nameserver      212.27.x.x
nameserver	212.27.x.y

Like that I managed to share my connection for my FreeBSD. Hope that it will help.

Le Fri, 16 May 2003 19:42:29 +1000
Quinn Ellis <Quinn1 at gmx.de> frappa sauvagement: