Vinum works great until reboot.

Joachim Dagerot freebsd at dagerot.nu
Thu May 15 00:19:04 PDT 2003

I have managed to create my volume, my plex (raid-5) and my disks.
I have managed to initialize all the subdisks and the disks. (Took an
eternity)
I have managed to newfs the volume and then mount it.
I have managed to copy a file into the newly created volume.
I have added start_vinum="yes" in /etc/rc.conf

BUT

when I reboot the system everything is lost. Vinum doesn't know of any
drives/plexes/volumes I configured, initialized and formatted.

What am I doing wrong? Please help, this is extremely frustrating and
because of the hours it takes to initialize the sub-disks this can't
be done with trial-error methodology! :)