Restricting users from playing games

Paul Everlund tdv94ped at cs.umu.se
Wed May 14 06:19:13 PDT 2003

Matthew Seaman wrote:
> On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 03:35:37PM +0200, Paul Everlund wrote:
>
>>Hi!
>>
>>I would like to restrict the users in a company from playing
>>games (KDE), but the VP should be able to. :-)
>>
>>What is the best/easiest way to do this?
>>
>>I've been thiking of putting the VP in her own group, lets
>>call it vp, and do a chgrp to vp on the games, with an addi-
>>tional chmod o-rx.
>>
>>The only drawback I've come up with (which I've not tested
>>if this is the case), is that when upgrading KDE it will in-
>>stall the games in the group wheel again. Can this be pro-
>>hibited in some way, that is, when upgrading kdegames, it
>>will install those games in the group vp instead of wheel?
>

> You might find the dm(8) and dm.conf(5) man pages interesting...
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Matthew

Thank you for your answer! (Must say that I've read your answers
to other questions and they're allways good :-)

dm looks interesting! But... It says that games should be put in
/usr/games/hide     directory of ``real'' binaries
and KDE-games are located in /usr/local/bin. Does this mean I have
to relocate all KDE-games to /usr/games/hide? Or can one put sym-
bolic links in /usr/games/hide to the KDE-games?

Best regards,
Paul