bads sectors on a floppy disc

Malcolm Kay Malcolm.Kay at internode.on.net
Wed May 14 05:28:39 PDT 2003

On Tue, 13 May 2003 07:36, xxavi wrote:
> Hi, I have many floppies discs with bads sectors, there's any form for
> repair the bads sectors?

If you have many you should get rid of the hardware or software at fault.

You value your time very cheaply if you want to recover disks with bad sectors
particularly as the chances are that they'll fail again while carrying
important data. The rubbish bin is the best fix!

(I've actually fallen into this trap myself on occassions -- when I stand back
and consider what I've done I become very annoyed)

Malcolm Kay