need information about bsd

cp cp at olympus.net
Tue May 13 19:53:58 PDT 2003

If your time is at a premium and bandwidth slim, buy the CD. The price is
extremely
reasonable and the book is important if you are new to this. If you are
using Windows to
download, you won't mess around with trying to burn an image that will not
be created
correctly under your CD creation product.

The company I went to was http://freebsdmall.com but there are couple listed
at the freebsd.org.

If you really do want to download, get the ISO images by following the
"Getting FreeBSD"
link under http://freebsd.org and selecting the i386 ISO Images link and
downloading
Disk1 and 2. If you will need to boot from floppy, you will need to navigate
to the
RELEASES directory, pick up the images for the floppies from the floppies
directory
(.flp images) plus the programs from the tools directory to create floppys
(if you are using
Windows) and follow the instructions shown there in the readme. It is
necessary to read all
docs provided. I found that the two different products I had to burn CDs
could not create
anything usable. That's why I chose to wait the two days for the CD to
arrive.

Good luck.